ADSM-L

Re: Backups across automounted mount points?

1998-12-12 12:03:03
Subject: Re: Backups across automounted mount points?
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 09:03:03 -0800
I believe that the "ANS1837S" message can be safely
ignored--although it is tremendously annoying. I *think* the
message is received whenever that mountpoint is not being
accessed, as there is no mtab entry for the automounted directory
until it gets accessed. Of course when you are backing it up, the
directory gets accessed and the mtab entry is created, thus no
ANS1837S message.

You might want to check with support on this, though.

 -- Tom