ADSM-L

Re: NT- BackUp into ZIP

1998-11-17 14:32:28
Subject: Re: NT- BackUp into ZIP
From: Andreas Peikert <apeikert AT AMADEUS DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:32:28 +0100
Hi Pablo,

I don't have too much knowledge here, but isn't a ZIP
drive a kind of 'removeable media'? So I suspect, that
it will not be accepted as disk type devices.
*-Perhaps-* it may help defining that as type devclass
of type 'file', but I am very uncertain about this
(I'm working on VM and there's no such thing as a ZIP
drive).
Perhaps the ADSM admin manuals for the NT server provide
some additional devicetypes (again, on VM there's just
Disk, Cart, Reel and File - AFAIK).

Best regards

Andreas Peikert, Systems Programmer
   aMaDEUS Data Processing GmbH