ADSM-L

Re: NT- BackUp into ZIP

1998-11-17 15:31:09
Subject: Re: NT- BackUp into ZIP
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:31:09 -0500
Hello,

Check out the Admin Reference manual under DEFINE DEVCLASS,
REMOVABLEFILE. This device class specifically addresses
devices like Zip and Jaz.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi Pablo,

I don't have too much knowledge here, but isn't a ZIP
drive a kind of 'removeable media'? So I suspect, that
it will not be accepted as disk type devices.
*-Perhaps-* it may help defining that as type devclass
of type 'file', but I am very uncertain about this
(I'm working on VM and there's no such thing as a ZIP
drive).
Perhaps the ADSM admin manuals for the NT server provide
some additional devicetypes (again, on VM there's just
Disk, Cart, Reel and File - AFAIK).

Best regards

Andreas Peikert, Systems Programmer
   aMaDEUS Data Processing GmbH