ADSM-L

Re: intel vs alpha for NT

1998-11-11 16:32:33
Subject: Re: intel vs alpha for NT
From: "Knight, Glen" <glen.knight AT RFETS DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 14:32:33 -0700
We also have both NT intel and NT alpha clients in our environment.
Although the licensing is transferable, the client software is not so
simple. Yes NT alpha client code is available. However the connect agents
for Exchange and SQL Server are currently only available on the Intel boxes.
The Webserver client code is currently supported only on the Intel machines
as well. We are told that the alpha support for all of the above are on the
way, but I have not heard of any schedule. We are extremely pleased with the
performance and reliability of the alphas and eagerly await IBM to get
onboard with their support.