ADSM-L

IMPORT NODE fails w/ internal server error

1998-11-05 16:13:00
Subject: IMPORT NODE fails w/ internal server error
From: John Valdes <j-valdes AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:13:00 -0600
Hello,

I'm trying to import a node to an ADSM 3.1.2.0 server (AIX) from a set
of export tapes created on another ADSM 3.1.2.0 server (AIX), but the
import process fails with an internal server error.  Specifically, I
see the following in the server log:

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: IMPORT NODE hsmclient
         filespace=/hsm00 filedata=spacemanaged devclass=3590tape
         volumenames=file:/tmp/tapes
ANR0984I Process 42 for IMPORT NODE started in the BACKGROUND at 21:03:56.
ANR0402I Session 247 started for administrator ADMIN (Server) (Memory IPC).
ANR9999D imsmins.c(400): Zero bitfile size for spacemg object.
ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 247 for node ADMIN (Server)
         - internal server error detected.
ANR0690E IMPORT NODE: Transaction failure - server aborted the
         transaction (1).
ANR0728E IMPORT NODE: Processing terminated abnormally - internal error.

Anyone know what this error (Zero bitfile size) means?  It is a
problem with the data as it was exported on the other server, a
problem with the importing server, or a problem with the tape itself?

Thanks for any help,

John

John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
j-valdes AT uchicago DOT edu                               University of Chicago