ADSM-L

Re: Multiple Tape Libraries

1998-11-05 16:55:11
Subject: Re: Multiple Tape Libraries
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 16:55:11 -0500
What you describe should work just fine.

One ADSM server is perfectly happy to support multiple libraries at once.
The LIBRARY name is specified in the DEVCLASS, so you will need define a new
DEVCLASS.
Your new tapepool definition will point to the new DEVCLASS, which will
point to the new LIBRARY.

You will just need to find sufficient SCSI connections to have all the
drives connected at the same time.
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert