ADSM-L

Re: Registry key save failure on Win95

1998-10-19 15:30:28
Subject: Re: Registry key save failure on Win95
From: Joanne Nguyen <nguyenjt AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 15:30:28 -0400
Thank you to Rejean Larivee who pointed out to me that there is an open
problem with IBM support.  You can receive this error if you do a CTRL-C
during the backup of the registry.  If the backup process didn't complete
normally, a temporary file may exist in the windows directory with the attrib
SHR (c:\windows\adsmtemp).  The next attemp will try to delete and fail.
I was able to create w/ the above scenario.  We will open an apar and
fix it in the next service stream.

Work around: issue "ATTRIB -S -H -R C:\WINDOWS\ADSMTEMP"
before doing the registry backup again.

Thanks,
Joanne Nguyen
ADSM Client Development