ADSM-L

Problem Restoring Exchange

1998-10-17 10:43:01
Subject: Problem Restoring Exchange
From: Hill Keith <Keith.Hill AT SONYBPE DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 15:43:01 +0100
Hi,

We have recently tried to restore our Exchange Server to a recovery
server.
Although the restore completes successfully, we are unable to restart
the Exchange
information store service.

The distinguished name of the restored information store does not match
the
distinguished name of the organisation of our exchange implementation.

When we rebuilt Exchange with same organisation name dictated by the
restore,
the information store still did not start, reporting distinguished name
inconsistencies again.

Our organisation/site/servername is SONY
Corporation.EUBPEBAS.SEUBPEBAS54. The ADSM
Exchange Agent appears only to see this as SONY.EUBPEBAS.SEUBPEBAS54.

ADSM does not appear to recognise the "space" in the organisation name.

Can anybody help please ?

Regards

Keith Hill

Sony Broadcast and Professional Europe