ADSM-L

Re: Problem Restoring Exchange

1998-10-19 08:10:08
Subject: Re: Problem Restoring Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 08:10:08 -0400
Keith,

There was a problem with Org., Site, and Server names with
periods, commas, and at-signs (@) that may or may not be
affecting you.  Here is the info on obtaining the fixtest:

The refreshed FIXTEST (APAR IC20843) of the ADSMConnect Agent for
Microsoft Exchange Server is available on the INDEX.STORSYS.IBM.COM
FTP server.  Here is how to get it:

       Where:  FTP Server, index.storsys.ibm.com
   Directory:  /adsm/fixtest/agents/ntexch/v1r1
   Filenames:  IC20843A.EXE         - self-extracting install file
               IC20843A.readme.ftp  - readme file

After applying the fixtest, please retry your restore
taking special notice of the following:

   *  Look at Appendix B of the Exchange Agent User's Guide
      and follow the directions under "Complete Restore or
      Replacement".  Pay special attention to step 4.

   *  During the restore, make sure you change the checkbox
      for "Delete existing log files" to "Yes".

Keep in mind that the Exchange Agent is a "middleman"
and gives the data back to the Exchange server just as it
received it. It makes no attempt to tell the Exchange server
what the Org., Site, or Server name is.

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler