ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Restore of NetWare data from end-user workstation

1998-10-16 21:46:35
Subject: Re: ADSM Restore of NetWare data from end-user workstation
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:46:35 -0400
Hi Paul,

Restores will still be limited to the NetWare administrator.
However, allowing non-Administrator users to back up and
restore files they can read (a la non-root UNIX users) is
on our "to do" list. But if it will truly happen, or when
(it's probably more a matter of when), I can not say at this
time.

Take it easy,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Thanks for the clarification (below), Andy.

One part of this that I still am not clear on regarding the NetWare
webshell client is how access control will work.  Who will be allowed to
request that files be restored onto the NetWare server?  Will it be like
the Unix client, where non-root users can restore any files they would
normally have read access to, or will restores be limited to the Netware
administrator?  Or something else?

Thanks.
..Paul