ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Restore of NetWare data from end-user workstation

1998-10-07 17:26:18
Subject: Re: ADSM Restore of NetWare data from end-user workstation
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 17:26:18 -0400
Hello,

As the ADSM Development representative who attended the ADSM
workshop in Karlsruhe, I would like to take the opportunity to
clarify these issues.

There will be a Web Backup-Archive Client for Novell NetWare
delivered in January, 1999. This will provide the ability to
perform backup, restore, archive, and retrieve operations
on the NetWare client from a remote workstation such as Windows
95. It will not provide the capability of restoring NetWare
data to a non-NetWare system.

Due to the complexity of implementing NetWare long file name
support, this support will not appear in the January PTF.
However we currently have it targeted for the next PTF, which
we hope to deliver sometime in 2Q99. Please note that this
just reflects our current plans, but is not an official
announcement. That said, we certainly understand the need for
this requirement and are anxious to provide the capability.
It has indeed been a long time in coming.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Hello,

we had a European seminar on ADSM here in Karlsruhe. IBM announced the
netware Webclient and , also, the support of the long names for Netware!
Isn't it great? I understood that both would  be out in I/99.

Regards,

Rene Lambelet
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com