ADSM-L

Re: Moving and reconfiguring the ADSM DB

1998-10-15 15:33:32
Subject: Re: Moving and reconfiguring the ADSM DB
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:33:32 -0600
   Are you are creating the new dbvols on the same disks or on new disks? If
you are moving them to new disks, what about doing it this way. I have done
this twice when I had to move my database off of a disk that needed to be
replaced because of errors.

        - Allocate new DB, log and mirror files with new naming standard and
new size.
        - dsmfmt the new devices.
        - define the dbvols and mirrors to the adsm server (define dbvol
...)
        - extend the DB by 15Gb (all at once or one disk at a time).
        - move the data off of your old db devices by using the "del dbvol
..." command. This command will move the data to another dbvol before
deleting the volume. Just do this to volumes db1 - db6 and you are then
done. No downtime.

        If you are having to put the new DBvols on the same disks, then the
way you have outlined below looks like it should work.

        Ben