ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade

1998-10-14 09:47:03
Subject: Re: Upgrade
From: "Jones, Anthony" <Jones4A AT KOCHIND DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:47:03 -0500
I just upgraded 3 weeks ago.  The upgrade was painless.  There are some
things you want to keep in mind.

1.  You need to remove the old software first.  I made 2 db backups, just to
be safe.
2.  The latest software 3.1.2.0 is on the web, make sure to download it.  It
has some fixes to the original 3.1
3.  Make sure to install the license software from the 3.1 cd, it does not
come with the downloaded v3.1.2.0
4.  Run the "q license" command before you start the upgrade to make sure
you know what you have.
5.  You don't have to upgrade the clients at the same time as the server. I
have v2 clients working just fine with v3 server.
6.  Time span - actual upgrade - 30 minutes on a 34Gig database  -- no
problems.
7.  Double check everything.  It doesn't hurt to be paranoid.  Aren't we
all.

Anthony Jones
ITO-Platform Technologist
Koch Industries, Inc.