ADSM-L

Backup over Isolated Ethernet Hub

1998-08-26 09:59:13
Subject: Backup over Isolated Ethernet Hub
From: Kelly Root <kroot1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:59:13 -0500
Environment:
ADSM Server - NT 4.0 ADSM 3.1.3
clients - NT 4.0 SP3
Network - Token Ring for clients to get to File servers
         Isolated Ethernet Hub for just server ring (used for Lotus Notes
replication and ADSM backup)

On our client nodes, which are NT 4.0 servers, we want ADSM to specifically
 use the Ethernet card NOT the Token Ring
 card. I have gone into options file on client node and changed
TCPServeraddress to ethernet IP, but this takes longer to
 backup than over token ring. So I must not have something setup correctly.
 One of the MCSE's in my group said that for
 Notes to specifically use ethernet they had to setup a separate port. Do I
 need to do this in ADSM??? In options file
 we have TCPPORT 1500 and HTTP port 1580. We cannot disable the Token Ring
card. What is the best way to
accomplish the task of using isolated ethernet hub for backup?