ADSM-L

Re: NT User Registrey backup and resrore

1998-08-09 07:48:26
Subject: Re: NT User Registrey backup and resrore
From: Greg Heis <gsheis AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 06:48:26 -0500
Mr. Friess,

Thank you for your reply.  I did what you suggested.  When I tried to run
regback entire, I got an error message indicating that the system could not
access the SOFTWARE key.  I rebooted the system, retried, and everything
worked fine.  Go figure.........NT.

Anyway, just for my own sanity, please confirm a couple thing for me.
-Incremental backups scheduled via the ADSM Central Scheduler running as the
SYSTEM, backup the entire registry........right?
SYSTEM, backup the entire registry........right?
-In an earlier message on this thread, Jerry Lawson recommended creating an
REGBACK.BAT that invokes a REGBACK USER CURUSER via the system STARTUP
REGBACK.BAT that invokes a REGBACK USER CURUSER via the system STARTUP
folder.  Is this necessary?
-He also recommends powering off the machine instead of doing a SHUTDOWN.
Is this necessary?
Is this necessary?

Thanks again,

Greg Heis