ADSM-L

Storage Volumes : Reclaims

1998-07-30 03:21:11
Subject: Storage Volumes : Reclaims
From: "Cohn, Grant" <Grant.Cohn AT SAPREF DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:21:11 +0200
Hello all !

Can anyone tell me of there is a way to force start a reclaim when the
reclaim percentage is reached (or exceeded)? - or is there a setting for
how often ADSM scans to see if any volumes need reclaiming.

A volume was being reclaimed, but the process was preempted by a
scheduled database backup. Now I want the reclaim to continue so as not
to tie up the drives when a user needs to archive later this morning.

I have found that by halting & restarting ADSM - any reclaims required
start immediately - but I cant always do that.

Any ideas???

We have AIX 4.1.5
              ADSM Server 2.1.5
              ADSM Client  2.1.10

Many thanks

Grant Cohn

Shell & BP South African Petroleum Refineries
Durban, South Africa.
Tel     :   (+27)  (0)31 - 480 1610
e-mail :   grant .cohn AT sapref DOT com