ADSM-L

List of active files on a volume

1998-07-30 03:29:14
Subject: List of active files on a volume
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:29:14 +0200
 > Hi there,

Hi Stuart,

 > ... < stuff deleted > ...
 >
 > Does anyone know an SQL command to give me this list (all active files on
 > volume XXXX)?  As far as I can see, it is the CONTENTS and BACKUPS table
 > that I need to query, but the filenames are help in different formats
 > (file_name vs. hl_name & ll_name)...

there has been some discussion on a similar request (list the INACTIVE
files on a damaged volume) in May. The topic was "Chewed 3590 cartridge".
The result was, that it can not be done, simply because there is not
enough information in the SQL tables. The same answer applies to your
request.

Rejean Larivee suggested a command which does part of the job:

 select * from backups where DEACTIVATE_DATE<>'' and
  NODE_NAME || FILESPACE_NAME || HL_NAME || ' ' || LL_NAME in
  (select NODE_NAME || FILESPACE_NAME || FILE_NAME from
  contents where VOLUME_NAME='Chewed_3590_cartridge')

This command lists all inactive backup copies (where ever they are) of a
file having one backup copy on the chewed cartridge. So, if "file_a"
has one active and four inactive backup copies and one of these copies
is on the chewed volumes, the four inactive copies will be listed.

Regarding your request, something like

 select * from backups where DEACTIVATE_DATE='' and
  NODE_NAME || FILESPACE_NAME || HL_NAME || ' ' || LL_NAME in
  (select NODE_NAME || FILESPACE_NAME || FILE_NAME from
  contents where VOLUME_NAME='XXXXXX')

should list all active backup copies (where ever they are) of a
file having one backup copy (active or inactive) on volume XXXXXX.

--
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet