ADSM-L

Errors with Notes Agent

1998-07-23 11:08:16
Subject: Errors with Notes Agent
From: Jonathan Walkup <JWalkup AT NAS DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:08:16 -0400
We've just recently started testing ADSM to back up our Lotus Notes servers
(on Windows NT), and I was wondering if anyone else out there has
experienced these same issues:

1.   Initial backup of a database with a lot of deletion stubs can take an
incredibly long time.  Hours on a slow box.

2.   When "backing up" deletion stubs (or whatever it's doing), the client
pulls much more data from the server than it actually sends.  We've had
examples of 50-1 or even 100-1 amounts of data being sent from the server
compared to data sent by the client.  Does anyone know what the agent is
actually doing at this point?

3.   When doing a second backup of a database that has more than 256
deletion stubs since the last time it was backed up, we get a dsmnotes
crash  with an error about MS Visual C++ runtime library assertion failed.
mempool!=MEMPOOL_INVLID.  This crash kills the dsmnotes task and locks the
database from dsmnotes until the box is recycled.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

Many thanks,

Jon Walkup
jwalkup AT nas DOT edu