ADSM-L

ADSM Server core dump - Solaris

1998-07-13 18:58:15
Subject: ADSM Server core dump - Solaris
From: Alan Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:58:15 -0600
Howdy, I just had my ADSM V3.1.1.2 Solaris 2.6 server process crash with a
segmentation violation. It seems that this happened when it was doing a
tape reclamation and then needed to do a tapepool migration at the same
time (both drives in use by reclamation). The dsmserv.err file has
traceback info that isn't too exact. Has anybody had a similar problem? I
patched the server to v3.1.1.3 to see if that might help. I noticed that
the readme for v3.1.1.3 doesn't really identify any bug fixes in the new
release. Anybody know where to find that info. Finally, the readme does
refer to some APARs for more details...but how does one find the APARs to
read them?

Al Cheski
Gulf Canada Resoruces