ADSM-L

Re: ADSM V3 GUI File libtt.a is missing .

1998-07-13 23:45:37
Subject: Re: ADSM V3 GUI File libtt.a is missing .
From: Jennifer Davis <jedavis AT DFW DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:45:37 -0500
Yes, Andy is correct, but ...............

Technically, there is no admin GUI for V3 on AIX, only the Web Admin client.
V 3.1.0.0 through 3.1.0.2 have the fileset adsm.client.admin.

However, starting with 3.1.0.3 this fileset is no longer installed and any
remaining "parts" that do not relate directly to the need for Motif Library
based GUI has been "relocated" to other filesets.

The installp scripting does not actually remove the V2 admin fileset if you
install 3.1.0.3 without first installing an earlier level, so that persons
that are using V2 servers still have GUI.

You will see the following trends:

V2 previously installed before upgrading to V3 and you do not uninstall V2
before installing V3 (use force overwrite flag):
lslpp -l |grep adsm --> you will notice that adsm.client.admin is listed
like 2.1.20.7 and all other adsm.client.* are are somthing like 3.1.0.0

V3 base previously installed before installing V3 PTFs less than level
3.1.0.3:
lslpp -l |grep adsm --> you will notice that all adsm.client.* filesets,
including adsm.client.admin are somthing like 3.1.0.0

Neither V2 or V3 installed when installing level 3.1.0.3:
No adsm.client.admin fileset is installed.

FYI -

Jennifer