ADSM-L

Re: Moving thee ADSM SERVER

1998-06-16 08:19:22
Subject: Re: Moving thee ADSM SERVER
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 07:19:22 -0500
     if you design the storage, db, & log the same (size and name) on the
     new machine you should be able to (from a backup db) perform a restore
     db and then simply start the server.

Subject: Moving thee ADSM SERVER
Author:  SRoberts (SRoberts AT isi-mail.isinet DOT com) at unix,mime
Date:    6/15/98 4:43 PM

I will soon be move my ADSM sever from one AIX machine to another. I have
looked at the "EXPORT SERVER" command and would like to avoid using it to
export backup and archive data files. Currently all data file are on an
optical library and we plan to unplug it from one machine and plug it into
another. Can I simply copy the ADSM database (FTP and NFS mount) from the
old server to the new one and then import the policy, management class, etc
from the old server using the command
"EXPORT SERVER FILESATA=NONE DEVC=8mm_tape.   (8mm_tape is a device class of
an 8mm tape).

Environment:

AIX 4.1.5
ADSM 2.1.0.12