ADSM-L

Re: Moving thee ADSM SERVER

1998-06-16 21:49:00
Subject: Re: Moving thee ADSM SERVER
From: "Whitehead, Hilary" <HWhitehead AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:49:00 -0700
You may also consider, a few hours before your migration will occur,
just run a command:

update stgpool <storage_pool_name> highmig=1 lowmig=0

Then, all your local storage pool data will already have moved to the
optics by the time you start and you won't have to mess with it at all.

Also, unless your servers are absolutely identical, you are going to
want to make sure you have all the device drivers (graphics card is
particularly messy if you don't have the driver on your mksysb) on your
mksysb before you toss it on the new box.

Good Luck!

Hilary Whitehead
IBM Global Services