ADSM-L

Exchange Restore

1998-05-20 06:00:51
Subject: Exchange Restore
From: Moodley Desigan * Datavia <DesiganM AT TRANSNET.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 12:00:51 +0200
Hi all

We're running ADSM Connect Agent try and buy + fix on an NT 4.0 Server
with Exchange Server 5.5. Our ADSM server is v3.1 running on MVS 5.2.2.
We've done 1 full backup, made a couple changes to the database, ran a
differential backup and then a full backup. I tried this morning to
restore the first full backup (ie. Before changes) and got the message
from the GUI:
Restore failed: Requested data is offline.
I got the same error when trying to restore the other backups.

I started a backup and ended it as soon as data was being transferred. I
then tried to restore again and did not get the error, but instead got
the message:
2 of 2 files restored.

But the byte count was 0 bytes transferred for both DIR and IS.

Please help.

Desigan Moodley
Systems Support Storage
Tel: (011) 359-1721
<DesiganM AT Transnet.co DOT za <mailto:DesiganM AT Transnet.co DOT za> >