ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Restore

1998-05-20 08:24:35
Subject: Re: Exchange Restore
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 08:24:35 -0400
Desigan,

"Restore failed: Requested data is offline." means your files
are on tape.  You must use the Exchange Agent Options Editor
(Press the "Edit" button on the Backup Tab while the
desired server is highlighted.).
Check the box that says "Wait for Tape Mounts".
Then press the "OK" button.
This tells the Agent that if your data is on tape, it will
wait for the ADSM Server to mount the tape.

When you ended the backup manually, it appears that things
didn't get cleaned up properly before the restore.
If you are still having problems, please let me know.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development