ADSM-L

ADSM Client 3.1.03 AIX - GUI Retrieve problem

1998-05-18 11:11:16
Subject: ADSM Client 3.1.03 AIX - GUI Retrieve problem
From: Mike Benton <michael.benton AT GSI DOT FR>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 15:11:16 +0000
I have just upgraded my AIX clients from V2 to V3.1.03 PTF 3 U454538 and have a
couple of questions.

1. The README file says that there should be three components to the
adsm.clinet.aix41 fileset;
ADSM Client - Administrative command line (adsm.client.aix41.admin)
ADSM Client - Backup/Archive (adsm.client.aix41.base)
ADSM Client - Common Files (adsm.client.aix41.common)

However when i list the fileset at install time I am only listed the .base and
.commaon options. Is the
adsm.client.aix41.admin code supposed to be missing ?

2. When running the V3 client retrieve package, the GUI takes hours to expand
the directory tree, that is if it actually ever does.
The README "Section 6. APARS fixed in this PTF" says that IX74241 - The
retrieve with the GUI does not expand the directory tree. I
guess that this was not fixed in this PTF release ?
Anyone else had the same problem ? or have i missed something ?

Regards
Michael Benton
ADP-GSi  Clearing UK,
Technology Services Dept,
Camberley, Surrey, UK, GU15 3PS.
Tel: (+44) 1276 62155 Extn.2269
      24hr Voice Mail Available
Fax: (+44) 1276 26290
Internet: Michael.Benton AT gsicom DOT com