ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Client 3.1.03 AIX - GUI Retrieve problem

1998-05-18 14:43:21
Subject: Re: ADSM Client 3.1.03 AIX - GUI Retrieve problem
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:43:21 +0200
A 15:11 18/05/1998 +0000, vous avez écrit :
>I have just upgraded my AIX clients from V2 to V3.1.03 PTF 3 U454538 and
have a couple of questions.
[...]
>2. When running the V3 client retrieve package, the GUI takes hours to
expand the directory tree, that is if it actually ever does.
>The README "Section 6. APARS fixed in this PTF" says that IX74241 - The
retrieve with the GUI does not expand the directory tree. I
>guess that this was not fixed in this PTF release ?
>Anyone else had the same problem ? or have i missed something ?

Hi,

Not sure it's exactly the same thing, but since I upgraded to V3 I've got
many problems...
With an AIX 421/ADSM 3.1.0.x server and an HP-UX 10.20/ADSM 3.1 client,
throught a 155 Mbps network, I CANNOT just use file retrieve : it takes
minutes or even hours to expand a tree (OK, I've 130000 files in it, but,
that's why I bought ADSM !).
The hot-line told me they agreed the problem was on IBM's side, but it
could need MONTHes to cure :-(((

By the way I'm also experiencing a curious problem when trying to go to
3.1.1.1 : my robot does not work any more. I asked the reseller
(Memorex-Telex) when he intends to provide the right code (he agreed the
problem was on his side), he tells me nobody at IBM's is able to say what's
new between 3.1.0.2 and 3.1.1.1. It seems 3.1.1.1 is a _very_ special
version... Any other opinion ?

Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE