ADSM-L

Re: API programming and Shared Memory Problem

1998-05-14 20:21:00
Subject: Re: API programming and Shared Memory Problem
From: West Suhanic <wsuhanic AT FOX.NSTN DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 20:21:00 -0400
Hi All:

I am using a single server license under AIX 4.2.1.
I have two client API programs running on the box.
However one client program broke then I got the
following error message:

ANR8290W Error sending data through shared memory. Reason 36.

Cannot find explanation of Reason 36. What does this
mean? Also note that once I got the above message, the
client program which was working find got shut down.
Does this mean that the shared memory pool is one big
pool so that if one segment of it gets corrupted, then
everything else is toast ?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

West Suhanic