ADSM-L

Re: Server Performance

1998-05-14 09:04:06
Subject: Re: Server Performance
From: "Yelle, Michael 2-3823" <MGY4V AT HSCMAIL.MCC.VIRGINIA DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:04:06 -0400
You should get quite a bit more than this level of performance. To be
certain, you need to find where the bottleneck is. But, you might try
the following:

a) Look at your "no" values for TCP on the AIX box. You want

        sb_max=1310720
        tcp_sendspace=65536 (or bigger)
        tcp_recvspace=65536 (or bigger)
        rfc1323=1
        ipqmaxlen=50

        Do the equivalent for your clients.

b) Use vmtune increase AIX read ahead on the server:

        vmtune -R 64 -F184 -c 1

C) Make sure ADSM Server has
        txngroupmax 256
        movebatchsize 1000
        movesizethresh 500

Client should have
        txnbytelimit 25600
        tcpbuffsize 32

Also make sure your cache is has 98%+ hit ratio.   Compression should be
"off" on the clients, for best performance on your "fast" Ethernet.