ADSM-L

Netware Client Lockup

1998-05-12 11:55:20
Subject: Netware Client Lockup
From: Steve Fletcher <SFletcher AT GIANTOFMARYLAND DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 10:55:20 -0500
Greetings all!
We are running an MVS server (v2.1.12) with a number of Netware clients, all
running v2.1.0.6f.
We use server prompting to initiate scheduled backups.  Recently we have
increasing occurences
of a problem where one, or more, of the Netware clients scheduler module will
lockup as soon as
the server contacts the client to start a scheduled backup.  The ADSM Scheduler
client will
remain locked up until it is rebooted.   The Netware box itself will continue
to function however any
attempt to remove the client scheduler results in a loss of the Netware console
prompt.  To
recover, the only recourse is it restart the Netware operating system and
reload the ADSM
scheduler.

Listed below is the content of the console message displayed when the DSMC
module abends.

I am searching the archives of this list to see if there might be a thread on
this topic.  In the
interim, I thought I'd post this message to see if anyone might have
experienced this problem and
could offer a solution.

Thanks!
Steve Fletcher
sfletcher AT giantofmaryland DOT com
 SDAI:
System halted Friday, May 1, 1998   6:03:49 pm EDT

Abend: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)
    OS version: Novell NetWare 4.11  August 22, 1996
    Running Process: DSMC.NLM        0 Process
    Stack: 10 20 B2 05 A4 50 5F 04 55 78 5F 04 A4 50 5F 04
           14 20 B2 05 00 00 00 00 03 70 70 73 C6 12 00 00
           02 00 00 00 A4 50 5F 04 00 20 B2 05 C6 12 00 00

Additional Information:
    The CPU encountered a problem executing code in DSMC.NLM.  The
    problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module
    by another NLM.

The running process will be suspended.

 5-01-98   6:03:50 pm:    SERVER-4.11-4631
     WARNING! Server SDAI experienced a critical error.  The offending process
     was suspended or recovered.  However, services hosted by this server may
     have been effected.