ADSM-L

DLT/SCSI Configuration

1998-05-08 11:35:16
Subject: DLT/SCSI Configuration
From: Dan Giles <Dan_Giles AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 11:35:16 -0400
We have 3 DLT7000 drives in a Stk 9710 library connected to our adsm server
(currently 2.1.12) running on an F30.

The way we had it configured was that the 9710 and one DLT was on one SCSI
adaptor, and the other 2 DLT's were on a second adaptor. We recently got a third
adaptor so that each DLT now has its own SCSI adaptor. I thought I would see a
big performance boost when it comes to tape-to-tape activity, but so far it
doesn't appear that this is the case.

Is there anyone out there running multiple high-speed tape drives on a single
SCSI adaptor? Do you have any performance issues regarding this configuration?
Being on an F30, I'm out of PCI slots and really need to get a fourth drive on.
I would like to know from other's experience whether I should try to free a slot
up somehow for another adapter, or just go ahead and double-up again.

Thanks in advance.