ADSM-L

Re: DLT/SCSI Configuration

1998-05-08 12:16:56
Subject: Re: DLT/SCSI Configuration
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 11:16:56 -0500
We're running 4 DLT7000 drives in our 9710, running on an SP wide node (77
MHz). I have the robot and two drives on one SCSI board and two more drives
on the second. I don't see a significant difference in tape-to-tape copy
across SCSI boards or on the same board. These are the fast/wide
differential SCSI adapters rated at 20 (or is it 40?) MB/sec, and the
DLT7000 is only listed as 5 MB/sec. Even so, I don't plan on more than two
drives per adapter.

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Advisor
NIBCO, Inc