ADSM-L

Netware Server Crashing....

1998-04-17 14:03:34
Subject: Netware Server Crashing....
From: Gail Johnson <Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:03:34 -0700
Here's what our environment looks like:

ADSM SERVER:  2.1.5.13 - AIX - SP Node - 4.1.5
Netware/Novell 4.1.0 - TCPIP 4.0

Whenever we cancel a backup from the administrator sessions our Netware
server crashes.  We have done this before with no problems.  We noticed that
we don't have this problme on Netware 4.1.1 with TCPIP 4.1 (I think) --
Anyway -- has anyone else gotten any hits on this?

I have a pmr open with IBM right now.  We realize you can't cancel a backup
on the 'actual server' without doing a control-c.  We have cancelled sessions
from the server with no problems before -- anyone out there have any
experience with this sort of problem?

I have opened a pmr with IBM -- and am trying to review the archives for the
mail list -- in the meantime, I thought I'd throw this out there....

Thanks in advance....

Example of what our Netware error logs:

Here's the message.
Also, this is the same message which appears everytime the server abends
relating to ADSM.  Whether it dies in the middle of the night, or when the
backup is cancelled, always this message...

Abend: tcp_rcvmsg: data block length glitch
Running Process: DSMC.NLM  0

P.S. - I am not getting any errors at the ADSM server level.