ADSM-L

Re: Backint

1998-04-02 14:31:09
Subject: Re: Backint
From: "Lynch, Rich" <Lynch.Rich AT MBCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:31:09 -0600
We use it to backup all of our SAP databases, its pretty easy to configure
once you realize it uses archive copy groups, not backup ones. Also be sure
and set your expiration on your copy groups the same or greater that what is
in your Oracle initSID.utl (or .ora, I forget) config files for max versions
of database backups, and depending on how often you do a full online or
off-line backup, your expiration period can become less than what Oracle
expects. We just received backint version 2.2, so where going to upgrade to
that.
We backup 70gig of Oracle database in PRD in 2 hours across a high speed
switch (SP2) to two 3590 tape drives. If you have any problems, give me a
jingle at lynch.rich AT mbco DOT com.