ADSM-L

Deleting DB and Log Volumes on NT

1998-04-02 04:58:38
Subject: Deleting DB and Log Volumes on NT
From: "Phil.Chissell" <phil.chissell AT RESEARCH.NATPOWER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:58:38 +0100
We are running ADSM V3R1 PTF2 on NT 4.0.

After installing the ADSM server, by default a 12 MB DB volume and an 8 MB log
volume are created in the server directory.

I have created an 808 MB DB volume on a different drive and a 64 MB log volume
on yet another drive in an attempt to gain better performance.

However, when I try deleting the pre-installed volumes, I always get the
following error:-

ANR2434E Insufficient space on other database volumes to delete volume ...

ANR2445E Insufficient space on other recovery log volumes to delete volume ...

In both cases the Messages guide suggests increasing the size of the
alternative volumes but surely there is enough space there already particularly
when the database is only 0.2% full and the recovery log is only 2% full.

Can anybody shed any light on this please?

Regards

Phil