ADSM-L

Re: Deleting DB and Log Volumes on NT

1998-04-02 07:04:43
Subject: Re: Deleting DB and Log Volumes on NT
From: Randall Eggert <RANDYE AT MAPCOINC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 06:04:43 -0600
Phil asked about deleting his old DB & LOG files after defining new ones.

You must REDUCE the size of both your DB & LOG files by the amount of space
that is provided by your original DB & LOG files.

Your new DB & LOG files are 808MB & 64MB respectively.  Say your old ones
were 404 and 32, then REDUCE DB 404 & REDUCE LOG 32.

When you query your db, Q DB, the Maximum Extension field will show 404MB.
Then issue your DELETE command.  A process will start, migrating all DB
data from the old file to the new.  When complete, the AVAILABLE SPACE and
ASSIGNED CAPACITY will reflect the file sizes for just your new files.

(Gee.... I hope this still works for V3, as I  am still on V2)

Good Luck
Randall Eggert
Tulsa