ADSM-L

Re: Backup/Restore GUI For AIX

1998-02-25 17:51:06
Subject: Re: Backup/Restore GUI For AIX
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:51:06 -0700
ADSM was designed to provide easy restores from the system that did the backup.
 Doing a restore from a node that did not do the backup is a bit harder.  The
easiest thing to do is to telnet (or r whatever) the system in question, then
dsmc restore filename.  There is a way to grant access by other clients to data
owned by a client.  I don't know the syntax off the top of my head.  Take a
look in the client book for the AIX client.  You'll find it easily.

Kelly