ADSM-L

Backup/Restore GUI For AIX

2015-10-04 18:01:07
Subject: Backup/Restore GUI For AIX
From: Kevin Litz [SMTP:kevin.litz AT CITICORP DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello all,

I've been lurking here for a week or so and already picking up some
pointers.

We've recently installed ADSM 2.1.5 for AIX; the server is on an F50
machine and has a 3995 optical library and an Exabyte 10-e stacker at
its disposal.  We're still in pre-production use, automating some
processes, etc.

We've got the GUI admin interface installed and I've visited the
backup/restore process (called "ADSM Backup-Archive Client" in the ADSM
window).

This software physically resides on the ADSM server; am I unable to use
the GUI to restore to a client node?  If I use the Utilities menu and
select "Set User Node Name For Restore/Retrieve", the display changes to
reflect those data areas managed by ADSM, but I am unable to display
their contents.  I'm told by ADSM that nothing is there.  A "Q CONTENT
there.
Restoring test data from the command line on the client machine works
fine.  We're using PASSWORDGENERATE to maintain security.

Suggestions welcome; thanks in advance.
--
Kevin Litz  (--> kevin.litz AT citibank DOT com <--)
Kevin Litz  (--> kevin.litz AT citibank DOT com <--)