ADSM-L

Re: Changed owner after ADSM restore

1998-02-25 17:14:02
Subject: Re: Changed owner after ADSM restore
From: Gary Bromley <Gary.Bromley AT ASPECT.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:14:02 +1100
I have the same problem on AIX.

It appears that ADSM does not store the permissions for the top level
directory of the mount point, which is also the same as the file space
name. Hence :-

dsmc inc -subdir=y
(i.e. full system incremental of locally mounted filesystems, no domain
specified in options files)
with the following mount points
/
/usr
/var
/tmp
/home
/testfs
will backup files and directories but when running a
dsmc q backup -dirsonly -subdir=y /home
/home is not listed, although all the other subdirectories are. This is
the same for all of the above mount points including root (/) !!

These mount points exist in the root filesystem, i.e if /testfs was not
mounted, then there would still be a directory call /testfs and when a
dsmc inc / is run, it backs up /testfs.
There is also the special file (.) inside the mounted directory which
holds the real permissions to the mount point when mounted, does ADSM
ignore these ?

Are we missing something here, or is this a bug.

ADSM Server V2.1.5.15, ADSM Client 2.1.5.6 on AIX 4.3.

Regards
Gary

Gary Bromley
Gary Bromley
Aspect Computing Pty Ltd
Tel : +61 (0)3 9230 2242
Fax : +61 (0)3 9818 1320
Email : Gary.Bromley AT Aspect.com DOT au