ADSM-L

Re: high speed connectivity to OS/390

1998-02-19 15:52:34
Subject: Re: high speed connectivity to OS/390
From: "Sanders, David" <DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:52:34 -0500
Well, one reason that you would do it on EMC is because it also has that
capability and you have the box onsite and capable for the last year!!

Also, my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), is that HDS has to
write/create a file and then secondarily do a read to create the
Mainframe file.  This seems to be 2phase vs. a single process (reduction
in elapsed time??))

Dave Sanders
Sr. Technical Consultant
Mass Mutual/The Blue Chip Co.