ADSM-L

high speed connectivity to OS/390

1998-02-17 11:59:51
Subject: high speed connectivity to OS/390
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:59:51 -0600
I just read this blurb in the InternetWeek magazine:
FAST BACKUP TO MAINFRAME
General Signal Inc. said customers using IBM's ADSM and GS' Link/9000 Escon
Interface can now back up data between open-system servers and S/390
systems at 17Mbs.  The Link/9000 PCI interface card provides high-speed
connectivity to S/390s for IP or SNA servers via an Escon channel.  The
Link/9000 supports NT and Unix, and is priced at $12,500.

Anyone using such a link?  Anyone know how 17Mbs compares with what I'm
probably getting with my TCP/IP and 3172 hardware going to OS/390?
Thanks!
Julie