ADSM-L

Moving the server, transparently

1997-12-30 07:10:11
Subject: Moving the server, transparently
From: "Sanders, David" <DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 07:10:11 -0500
We currently have our server running on a MVS mainframe, and I want to
move it to another mainframe.  In anticipation of that, I had requested
all of the client administrators to change their options for
TCPSERVERADDRESS from either an old logical name "mvs.mm.com" for
example or a hard-coded TCP address to a NEW logical name.  My purpose
was so that once all clients had made the change, the new logical name
could be switched from MVS system to another MVS system, simply by
having the TCP/IP gurus changing the resolve of that name from one TCP
address to another.  Well, I'm now told that this is not do-able.  How
have other folks done this??