ADSM-L

Version 3 Server, web admin. hanging.

1997-12-09 22:30:37
Subject: Version 3 Server, web admin. hanging.
From: Doug Purnhagen <purnhad AT ERINET DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 22:30:37 -0500
Our configuration is as follows:

AIX 4.1.5, R50
3570 Magstar/SSA disks
ADSM server 3.  (with PTF  from ftp site)
Netscape 4.0.3

We are experiencing the dsmserv process running high
in the process table (as seen using monitor version 2.1)
while no scheduled (or unscheduled) activities are taking
place.  When examining the server, the q proc will show no
processes, and the q sess will show the current command
line session and a Web connection.  However, the Web
connection (and Netscape browser) is no longer running.
Running a netstat will show a connection in the close wait
state for the HTTP port selected for the Web Admin.
(as well as the Listen connection, of course)
If we cancel the Web session, the dsmserv process
returns to its normal running state.   Note that the Web
Admin process was started earlier but had been exited for
15-20 minutes.

Is there a dsmserv value (like Idletimeout) that is associated with
disconnected Web Admin connections?

Has anyone else encountered this particular problem
before?

Is there a PTF for the ADSM server Web (HTTP) product?

Is there a problem with using Netscape for the Web Admin?

TIA,

doug
--
C.E.T.A. Corporation