ADSM-L

Re: 1.5 Million Files

1997-12-09 10:31:45
Subject: Re: 1.5 Million Files
From: Alex Mounayar <Alex.Mounayar AT SMED DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:31:45 -0500
How do you run more than "a single backup process" against the filespaces
with very many files?

We have several nt servers with large (30+gig) raid
arrays.  Backup takes quite a awhile to run but restores are even more
unpleasant.
It can take up to an half hour for a restore to display files requested for
restore.

Is there any way to improve performance for these restores?

Alex Mounayar,
Shared Medical Systems

btw, we are running v2 server on aix.

*