ADSM-L

Re: First impressions of V3 clients.....

2015-10-04 18:03:48
Subject: Re: First impressions of V3 clients.....
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/5/97 11:32AM
I have seen this problem too!  And it is a pain.  I found out that in the
registry, the value ACTLOG_INCLUDE_ORIGINATOR is set to "0".  I set this to
"*", and then the search worked, but the first time I changed the search
string to anything other than *, or changed the time, the problem came back.

And of all the admin functions I use, the Activity Log is right up there with
the most active.

Can I reinstall the V2 admin client without problem?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

PS - I opened a problem with the support center on this, in case no one else
has....

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/5/97 11:32 AM

Just to confirm I get the exact same problem - just change the from time to
something other than the default and the error messages pop up exactly as
described. I am running the V3 SA client against a V2 server if that explains
anything!

> How did you get the ANR2020E Invalid parameter message? How did you get rid of

> it? Or if you still see it, how might I recreate this?
>
> I tried to recreate your VIEW/Include activity log problem, but could not. Are

> you saying that you changed the "to" time to 10 after midnight, but left the
> "from" time as one hour before the current time? If so, did you change the
"to" > date as well? > > Andy Raibeck > ADSM Level 2 Support > >
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU >         11/04/97 06:31 PM > Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ internet > > To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @
internet > cc: >
Subject: Re: First impressions of V3 clients..... > > All right, I'll wade in: >

First error message in the SACLIENT: > > ANS8500I User action cannot be
completed due to the following error: > > ANR2020E Invalid parameter -
ORIGINATOR. > > I tried to change the time range in VIEW Include in the Activity

Log.  I > set the time to 10 after midnight to current time and this is the
error. >  Then I selected the default, one hour before current time and get: > >

ANS8563E You have entered an invalid Date and Time range.  Enter an end > Date
and Time which are equal to or later than the start Date and Time. > > Other
than that, and I've not tested everything yet, I'm sort of > underwhelmed!  The
new picture are nice... > > Kelly >

  Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
  Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-3000 Ext 2763
   University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083