ADSM-L

Re: Move data question

1997-10-27 05:50:43
Subject: Re: Move data question
From: Tom Tann{s <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:50:43 +0100
On Wed, 8 Oct 1997, Mark Adams wrote:

> ADSM will always move big files first if they won't fit in the diskspool
>
> Mark A. Adams
> UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
> (402) 963-7369 Office
> (402) 444-0754 Pager
> Communications Marketing Services
> SITEL Corporation
> 7444 Farnam
> Omaha, NE 68114

Well, this wasn't exactly my point here. Files that don't fit in the
diskpool will be moved directly to another tape-volume. That's no problem.
By the way, I'm quite shure that when moving data off a tape volume with
the move data command, the tape is read sequentially.

My point is that after one of these big files have meen moved to another
tape-volume, this volume and the tapedrive is locked for the rest of the
move-operation, even if all the rest of the files are moved to the
disk-pool.
The only workaround I have found is to cancel and restart the move-
operation.
It seems to me as if a lock isn't freed like it should..