ADSM-L

ADSM database performance.

1997-10-01 22:05:58
Subject: ADSM database performance.
From: Wayne Gorton <wayneg AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 22:05:58 -0400
Howdy all,
Has anyone looked at the ADSM database performance on an AIX SP/2 SMP node?
In the past we have notice that the major bottle neck for backing up &
restoring in the ADSM database. We have 10 database volume each 768Mb, they are
mirrored on another disk. MirrorRead on the database is normal & MirrorWrite is
Parallel. An iostat show 60-80% wait time on the database disks.

Has anyone thought of using raw volumes or lots of little files spread over
many disks vs. a lv over maximum disks?

We are coming up to a reconfigure & it would be an ideal time to tune ADSM.

Is there any performance tuning info for adsm?

Role:                               Unix System Administrator
Style:                              The Thinking Man's Clown
Name:                               wayneg AT au1.ibm DOT com
Life:       "Imagination is more important than knowledge"   Albert Einstein