ADSM-L

Re: NT Client Recovery

1997-09-29 11:46:20
Subject: Re: NT Client Recovery
From: Ron Heflin <RON.X.HEFLIN AT X400GW.AMERITECH DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:46:20 -0500
------ =_0_MIME_Boundary_22211.342fe472.horizonw.ci.in.ameritech.com
Phil:

  We were able to do a bare metal restore of NT.  We reinstalled NT to
a different directory then its original one.  We then booted NT from
this directory, installed ADSM and restored everything from ADSM.

  The registry takes a separate ADSM restore after restoring the files.
You don't have to restore the whole registry, only a few hives.  This is
explained in the ADSM bare metal restore redbook.

  After restoring the files and then the registry, we rebooted our
original NT system.  Of course boot.ini gets involved here, but the way
we restored everything with ADSM our reboot to our original system
worked fine because boot.ini was overwritten by our ADSM restore.

  Good Luck

   Ron Heflin