ADSM-L

NT Client Recovery

1997-09-27 11:28:37
Subject: NT Client Recovery
From: Phil Chissell <phil.chissell AT RESEARCH.NATPOWER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 16:28:37 +0100
I am running ADSM Server 2.1.0.13 and Client 2.1.06 on NT.

My problem is:-

I performed a full backup (including the registry) of an NT server via ADSM.

I then trashed the box, re-installed NT and then the ADSM client.

I restored all the files from the ADSM server.

I then restored the (full) registry.

I reboot the machine but it hangs

I have repeated the above procedure many times but I always get the same
result.  My initial reaction is that I probably shouldn't be performing a
full restore of the registry.  Does anybody know what the procedure is for
fully restoring an NT client via ADSM?

Regards

Phil