ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:06:44
So you will have a point of reference, I was able to get between 5 and 6 GB an
hour on a single 100 Mbit Ethernet.  Server is a Compaq Dual P6-166, 256 MB and
16 GB disk (12 Disk Pool, 2 GB DB, 1 GB Log).  Clients were one NT (similar to
the server system, perhaps with 200 MHz chips) and a Novell server on the same
hardware.

I only tried the two clients simultaneously, but I'm sure I could have run two
more without killing anything.  I'll do that test soon and let you know.

Bottom line: after wondering out loud about the capabilities of Windows NT as
an ADSM server platform, I am convinced.  Will it be as fast an AIX system?  I
doubt it, but I believe it will be plenty fast enough for many environments.
Plus, it's real easy to manage.

Kelly