ADSM-L

Re: VIRTULMOUNTPOINT needs separate license?

1997-07-10 08:24:38
Subject: Re: VIRTULMOUNTPOINT needs separate license?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:24:38 -0400
You need to purchase the Open Systems Environment Support license to use the
AFS/DFS clients.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
---------------------- Forwarded by Andrew Raibeck/San Jose/IBM on 07-10-97
05:04 AM ---------------------------
05:04 AM ---------------------------

        ADSM-L @ VM.MARIST.EDU
        07-10-97 01:33 AM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ internet

To: ADSM-L @ VM.MARIST.EDU @ internet
cc:
Subject: VIRTULMOUNTPOINT needs separate license?

Hello,

I've installed the DFS client on an AIX 4.2 machine. The clients backs up
the DFS file space, no problem there.

But when I add the line:

VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT       /.../sara-1

to dsm.sys and try to back up /.../sara-1 the client stops and leaves this
error message in dsmerror.log:

07/10/97   09:59:16  fsCheckAdd: unable to add FS to server
07/10/97   09:59:16  ANS4362S SLM LICENSE EXCEEDED: The client licenses for
ADSM are exceeded.
See your system administrator.

When I do a query on the activity log I see:

07/10/97   09:59:16  ANR2857E Session 916 with client META_C has been rejected;
                      server is not licensed for Open Systems Environment
                      clients.

This is true as can be seen by a 'query license':

   Are Open Systems Environment clients registered ?: No
      Are Open Systems Environment clients licensed ?: No

But WHY do I get this message? This is an AIX client. It works fine, except
for the VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT option. Do I need a separate license just to use
this option?

Regards,

Alexander

* Alexander Verkooijen     * SARA                  *
* Systems Programmer       * Academic Computing    *
* alexander AT sara DOT nl        * Services Amsterdam    *